Governor Michael J. Dunleavy – Press Briefing on COVID-19
Governor Dunlevy and members of his administration provided an update to Alaskans on the COVID-19 outbreak and measures being taken to reopen the state’s economy.
April 23, 2020, 5 pm
(Anchorage, AK) – Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy, with the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services today issued the State of Alaska’s 16th COVID-19 Health Mandate, the first in a series to responsibly reopen Alaska.
COVID-19 Health Mandate 016, Phase I of the Reopen Alaska Responsibly Plan, seeks to balance the ongoing need to maintain diligent efforts to slow and disrupt the rate of infection with the corresponding critical need to resume economic activity in a reasonable and safe manner.
The activities and businesses listed below that were previously governed by the referenced Mandates may resume under the conditions and guidance provided in the following attachments.
- Attachment D – Non-Essential Public Facing Businesses Generally – modifies Mandate 11
- Attachment E – Retail Businesses – modifies Mandate 11
- Attachment F – Restaurants Dine-In Services – modifies Mandate 3
- Attachment G – Personal Care Services – modifies Mandate 9
- Attachment H – Non-Essential Non-Public-Facing Businesses – modifies Mandate 11
The Governor’s COVID-19 Health Mandates can be found here.
For the latest information on Alaska’s response to COVID-19, please visit https://covid19.alaska.gov/